Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Painting with a friend


I tried following excuses not to paint
I needed a place of my own, may be first I get me a studio!
I don’t get time from work
Will I do it right
May be after six months
Then I realized giving such lame excuses is an art it self! How wonderfully I was able to do that.
I talked to Samhita about it. She was giving similar justifications to her self too.
After a couple of meetings we decided to do what worked in the past.
Paint together!
We remembered that painting together has always created an energy that leads us back to a place where the ideas, motivation and inspiration start flowing again. I fondly remembered painting with my friends samhita and khadija back in college days. We’d spend a Saturday/Sunday together painting and eating and catching up on each other’s lives.
We missed that friendship and wanted to recreate that
We talked and started working at samhita’s place.
We soon realized the longer the non painting period lasted the harder its going to get back to brush works. 
There are so many ways to express feelings and opinions for my friend she loves to do intricate pen work. And I like working in watercolors. And now it seems like we still got the spark... we can spend the free time in hand playing with colors and pens.
I have waited to write about this for a couple of weeks... May be because I did not want to jinx it! 
I don’t know where we are going with this activity, I don’t really worry about it... but I do know that there is a lot of joy in painting with a friend.


3 comments:

  1. You guy's are lucky Madhura! Being able to have a life beyond the mundane work and responsibilities is such a gift...and how!

    Looking forward to see and read more about the lovely work the 3 of you churn!(secretly jealous!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome to join us Amrita..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done this before as well and it is so wonderful. I have recently moved to a new place and don't yet know many people in the area. I hope to find someone to be friends with here who also loves painting. Thank you for the inspiration, I needed some today as I have a new piece to work on by a far away friend's request!

    ReplyDelete